Makeup Geek Shadow refil Review.


First of all I will say that the shadows I have, I did receive for free from MakeupGeek. They saw my work on my Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/beautybyvictoriax ) and liked it. I was asked to pick a few shadows and they would send them to me for review. It actually has been a while since I received them (I've since posted a few looks on their site with the shadows so they haven't just been sitting around. Promise ;) ) but decided that it was time to give them a proper review. 

I got the shades Pixie Dust, Ice Queen, Bitten, Mandarine, Cinderella, Mermaid, BadaBing, and Unexpected. 

I'll just talk about each of them in order of appearance. 

  • Pixie Dust. This color is a nice green-yellow color. I picked it because it was fun (along with Mermaid and Mandarine) and thought it would make a nice contrast with some of the more neutral shades that I have. The color is VERY pigmented (this is just one swipe) and I'm very impressed with the color payoff because most yellows are too chalky or too gold. This is a perfect 'tinkerbell yellow' as I like to call it. 



  • Ice Queen. This shade has a slight shimmer satin finish to it (which I find is nice for highlighting the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes) It isn't AS opaque as I would have hoped but it still a very nice finish and has a good bit of color payoff. 


  • Bitten. On my skin, I think the name fits the color very well. It's a deep burgundy color that goes well with almost anything. It is a matte finish color and has good color pay off. 


  • Mandarine. This was the second of the fun colors I chose. Who doesn't love a good sparkly color? What I love about it is that is is orange, but it has the nice golden flakes of glitter inside it to make it look extremely pretty and wild! 


  • Cinderella. This one is definitely by far my favorite of the ones I got. It's such a nice color with a clean satin finish that looks amazing on its own or used as a base color over the lid. You can play it alone or jazz it up with a darker in the crease and it still holds its color. Simply amazing. 


  • Mermaid. Let's be honest. The color of this shadow just screams under sea adventure. Look how pretty it is? And the shimmer? I have to be careful not to over do this one or I look like I'm coming straight out of the 80s. It compliments my blue eyes so well, though and it's so opaque. This is just one swipe. 


  • BadaBing. This color reminds me a lot of the Mandarine I listed earlier, only brown instead of orange. You'd think it would be a lot of a deeper color with more pigmentation than it has but it's a very soft color. 


The last one I have is 
  • Unexpected. This color is exactly that. Unexpected. It's a matte finish and I honestly wasn't expecting it to be so gorgeous! It's my second favorite, a deeper version of Cinderella, in my opinion. It's a very nice deep taupey light brown color and works well on its own or with other shades in the same color family! 


All in all I would have to say that these shadows are pretty good. They have some new ones (and a few are some really good MAC dupes. Marlena posted a video recently mentioning a few of them that I will link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGOpvRmBV4I ) I'm anxious to try their new colors as well as some of their other products! These shadows were tested in these pictures without a primer. They are a bit more vibrant WITH primer. Also I'd like to mention again that I was contacted by MakeupGeek and got these for free. I was not paid to talk about them (as you can see, not all got a completely positive review) and the next batch I get, I plan to buy with my own money! Check out MakeupGeek on YouTube and their store here : http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact me!

Name

Email *

Message *

About

My name is Victoria! I'm 23 years old. I've had a love for makeup and beauty products for as long as I can remember. I'll be using this page to review and discuss products I've come across. If you have any questions or suggestions for reviews, please contact me!

Welcome to

Welcome to